Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Resignation of the Seneschal


Fellow Talossans --

One hour ago, at 12:12:12 Talossan Time on 12/12/12, being the thirty-second Llimbaziua (and also known as Sound Check Day), I tendered my resignation as Prime Minister to His Majesty the King, who accepted it with some reluctance. This step, coming as it does at the end of my term as President of the Comità del Útzil del Glheþ, is something that I have discussed with members of my party and the government for the past month or so.

It has been a distinct pleasure to serve again as the Prime Minister for this wonderful nation, and the decision to step aside was not one that was made lightly. I have come to feel, however, that with events outside the nation taking much of my time, I am currently not able to serve with the dedication required from a Seneschal, and that the nation would be better served by a fresh leadership team less encumbered by outside responsibilities and obligations.

The Right Honourable Distain, Çesli da Chilseu, having indicated her readiness and willingness to do so, is now the 40th Seneschal of the Kingdom of Talossa, and after the administration of her oath of office, will settle into her duties, beginning with appointing her own replacement in the position of Distain.

S:r Pôl d'Aurìbuérg takes over, effective immediately, as Party Leader of the RUMP.

The trappings of my office (especially all the mail I get, the duties of prodding the Immigration Minister incessantly, trying to resist the urge to go back to doing his job so that it gets done, and the Website updating responsibilities) will be transferred to their new owners over the next days and weeks.

I thank the nation for honouring me with the chance to lead the government, which I leave in good hands. I further trust in the fact that the future of Talossa is as bright as or brighter than ever (as long as the world doesn't end in nine days like so many TV shows would like us to believe).

In leaving office, I am proud to become the first Talossan Prime Minister to have been both preceded and followed in office by a female. I offer Prime Minister da Chilseu my very best wishes for success in the remainder of the Cosa, confident that the trust given her is well-placed.

Hooligan